Monday, July 6, 2009

I Missed It!

We had some car trouble on the way back from Michigan so Vivi Sewhot missed skating in the 4th of July parade this year - I was so sad! Thankfully my fellow skater Flash Nordin (that's her second from the right) has an ace photographer in her boyfriend Bruce. This picture really says it all - everyone is having so much fun (and my aprons are in full view!)

We had a really big group this year. Skaters from the Windy City Rollers, and the Chicago Outfit were also skating with us.

That's Queen B in the middle, she is a retired Windy City Roller and the founder of Derby Lite. B wanted a skating club that would cater to the many women who are attracted to Derby but would like to play a slightly gentler version of the game - our tagline is "For Women Old Enough to Know Better."

The sting of missing the parade has passed, but I will tell you one thing, next year I will be staying very close to home for the 4th!


Poppy Munt said...

you were missed! even my nose missed your helmet!

but come skate the lakefront soon, i'll let you know when we're going--

Kerry said...

thanks Poppy!

I want to do that lake front path again so much - just let me know when!

Blaize said...

The aprons are perfect. Sorry you missed it, but glad you participated via your aprons!

Philippine Real Estate said...

so cool..

Alyssa said...

I am so jealous! I really want to joina roller derby league, but ours in Providence is super serious skaters only!