Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Back to Work


I think I'd better blog about something other than a change purse (it's been a few, I know) I have two hat orders right now, I'm glad to say that I just solved one issue I have had with a few of my hats - the amateurish looking brims. With my latest hat I made a corded bias strip and inserted it in the brim. I'm really satisfied with the results.

I'm back to work, not quite full-time, but 9-3 with almost an hour of commuting on either side is pretty close. I really like having a day job and we can't afford for me to be out of work any longer anyway. I have to be very disciplined to get my sewing done. Getting the two hat orders will certainly keep me on task! Many thanks to Bitter Betty and Becktress for placing orders - and helping me get over my concerns about making hats for people other than myself. Results coming soon!

No comments: