Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mae's Busy Weekend

Mae made 3 softies from Therese Laskey's book Softies this weekend. She made the Treeling yesterday, and the Lonely Dollop and the Cross pin cushion today (I love her use of color on that one!) We highly recommend the book - the directions are clear, and the projects are super-cute. I searched the internet for wool felt and found Colonial Crafts - their 12x18 pieces 20% wool and 80% rayon, and are $1.25 a piece. Well worth it when you compare it to acrylic craft felt. Mae had cut out a couple of leaves from some craft felt and brought them over to me with a leaf cut from the wool felt and said "we can't use this - look how thin it is!" The colors are rich and they make softies with really nice body. I hope she makes the whale next!

2 comments:

Blaize said...

These are excellent. Tell Mae I said so. Also, just so you know, on Mae's flickr I voted that the dollop was, in fact, poo.

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Way to go Mae! She has done it again!