Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Project for a Gray January Day

It's rainy and cold here in Chicagoland. I have been trying to figure out what to make next and pulled out this vintage pattern that I got from ZipZapKap recently. I found the chintz fabric at an antique store in Pentwater MI two summers ago. I had the damndest time getting my fusible interfacing to adhere. It gunked up my iron twice before I finally gave up and used the sew in kind. I hate it when little things that should be simple end up being so hard - makes me feel like such a dolt! Oh well, I have moved on.

(I cook my chicken at 425 for the first 30 minutes. Then I put 2 large sweet potatoes sliced up in the bottom of the pan. I cook it for another hour (depending on the size of the bird) and the potatoes come out perfectly!)

I'm in the middle of making a chicken dinner, so work is proceeding slowly, but obviously it's no hurry - spring won't be here anytime soon!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi! Thanks for the nice comment on my new blog. I'm glad you stopped by. It reminded me to add Practically Necessary to my "Supplies" links. I love your aprons!

Debt Management said...

Really great project. I appreciate your efforts for such project. I think it best to eat chicken at such cold atmosphere.