Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Project for a Gray January Day

It's rainy and cold here in Chicagoland. I have been trying to figure out what to make next and pulled out this vintage pattern that I got from ZipZapKap recently. I found the chintz fabric at an antique store in Pentwater MI two summers ago. I had the damndest time getting my fusible interfacing to adhere. It gunked up my iron twice before I finally gave up and used the sew in kind. I hate it when little things that should be simple end up being so hard - makes me feel like such a dolt! Oh well, I have moved on.

(I cook my chicken at 425 for the first 30 minutes. Then I put 2 large sweet potatoes sliced up in the bottom of the pan. I cook it for another hour (depending on the size of the bird) and the potatoes come out perfectly!)

I'm in the middle of making a chicken dinner, so work is proceeding slowly, but obviously it's no hurry - spring won't be here anytime soon!


Emily said...

Hi! Thanks for the nice comment on my new blog. I'm glad you stopped by. It reminded me to add Practically Necessary to my "Supplies" links. I love your aprons!

Debt Management said...

Really great project. I appreciate your efforts for such project. I think it best to eat chicken at such cold atmosphere.